Η καλύβα του Παππού

21 Μαΐ 2008

I wish I’d been another man,

I wish I 'd told less lies,

I wish that I could change my life,

But pay the smallest price.


I wish a day would dawn for me

When I’d salute the light,

With no remorse inside my heart,

Nor malice, fear or fright.


I wish I could enjoy life more,

I wish that I could pray,

I wish I had a warmer heart,

And gentler things to say.


I wish that I could see again

The people I loved most,

And see in them, with clearer eyes,

The hidden truths I’ve lost.


I wish that I would meet you again

And touch you, before long.

I wish we’d speak more truthfully

And share a nicer song.


I wish I’d been a humble man,

Compassionate and wise,

I wish I could discern God’s hand

Above our wretched lives.


But such a man

I am not.

4 σχόλια:

P. Kapodistrias είπε...

προσ-ευχετικές καλημέρες!

Stardustia είπε...

γιατί μου έφερες στο νου το ΑΝ του Κίπλινγκ, άραγε;

elafini είπε...

Δεν μου βγήκε τελικά εκείνη η πρόσκληση με το ποίημα...

Καταπληκτικός ο Sting σου...και με ωραίο όνομα ;)

Καλό βράδυ

Christophorus είπε...

@ stardustia: Ποιος ξεύρει; Συγγνώμη που άργησα τόσο να απαντήσω.

@ελαφίνι: Δεν πειράζει, υγεία!

και η Boo σου είναι υπέροχη! Και τι όνομα!